Thursday, October 27, 2016

My beloved is mine and I am His

He is mine by connection in the same body; He is the head and I am part of His body.
He is mine by affectionate relationship; He has given me His love.
He is mine by the connection of birth; I am born again of Him.
He is mine by choice; He gave Himself for me.
He is mine by indwelling; He has decided to live inside me.
He is mine personally, He is mine eternally.

“It certainly does seem a great thing to call him mine; to think that he should ever be mine, and that all he is, and all he has, and all he says, and all he does, and all he ever will be, is all mine. When a wife takes a husband to be hers, he becomes all hers, and she reckons that she has no divided possession in him; and it certainly is so with thee, dear heart, if Christ be thine.”

Ways of knowing that I belong to Jesus; ways that ‘I am my beloved’s’:

I am His by the gift of His Father.
I am His by purchase, paid for by His own life.
I am His by conquest, He fought for me and won me.
I am His by surrender, because I gave myself to Him.

No comments :