Thursday, December 27, 2018

What Does It Mean To Live For Jesus?

And they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen, and everyone his brother, saying, “Know the Lord,” for all will know Me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more. --Hebrews 8:11 & 12

What does it mean to live for Jesus? That is a good question. I do not presume to know all the answers, but in my own experience I find that to live for Him is simply to enjoy Him. It is not about what I do or do not do. He loves and enjoys me and allows me to enjoy Him. When God revealed to me that He was not interested in changing me, but all He wanted to do was love me, the response this generated from me was amazing. I have come to see that His love for me has absolutely NO agenda. I John 4:8 indicates that God is Love; because I know that God is Love, then I can look to I Corinthians 13 to find what that Love is. God equals love, so God is patient, God is kind, God is not envious, God is not self-seeking. As I read through that list of what God is, I have to ask myself, “Is this the God that I know?” My answer too often is, "No!" At that point I have a choice. I can stick with my false idea of who God is, or I can take God at His word and believe what He says about Himself. For me to enjoy Him, I first must know Him. The more I know Him, the more I love Him, and the more I love Him, the more I want to know Him.

No comments :