Saturday, March 30, 2019

What Will You Learn When You Are Cheated?

Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; as it is written, “He scattered abroad, He gave to the poor, His righteousness abides forever.” --II Corinthians 9:7-9

I actually believe that the Lord, on occasion, has allowed me to be cheated, stolen from, to misplace money, and even to have it fly out a window or drop down a sewer. Why? We can say that our security is in Him, that we believe in His provision, and that we are living under His control. However, our reaction to money lost is an indication of where we really stand in relation to those things. When I give, and give liberally, I am in faith. I have control over the giving. However, theft is uncontrolled giving without the consent of my will, giving I had not planned on, giving of what I had laid aside for a predetermined use. If I react negatively when it disappears, what does that reveal about my heart? It is a fact that I am living under His provision, and as the Scriptures say, “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” 
- Mike Wells

No comments :