Saturday, April 3, 2021

“What’s Wrong With This Picture?”

This church had just sung those songs about how “desperate” and “hungry” they were. “O God, we need a move. Touch us. Please, Lord, do something new!” I stood up to speak and asked, “How many of you are hungry for God? How desperate for Him are you?” They all clapped and cheered loudly.

Continuing, I said, “John 6:35 declares: ‘And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.’”

I asked them, “What’s wrong with this picture? All of you just stood and acknowledged that you’re hungry and thirsty. Yet this says that you’ll never hunger or thirst again. Jesus told the woman at the well the same thing: ‘But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life’” (John 4:14). 

They immediately became so quiet you could’ve heard a pin drop!

No comments :