Sunday, May 8, 2022

At Rest - Poem at my Mother's funeral

 One at Rest

Think of me as one at rest for me you should not weep . I have no pain, no troubled thoughts for I am just asleep. 

The living thinking me that was is now forever still . And life goes on without me as time forever will. 

If your heart is heavy now because I’ve gone away . Dwell not long upon it, friend for none of us can stay. Those of you who liked me I sincerely thank you all .  

And those of you who loved me I thank you most of all. 

The answer to life’s riddle in life I never knew .  I go with hope that now I will and even so will you. 

Oh, foolish, foolish me that was I who was so small . To have wondered, even worried at the mystery of it all. 

And in my fleeting lifespan as time went rushing by .  I found some time to hesitate to laugh, to love, to cry. 

Matters it now if time began if time will ever cease? .  I was here, I used it all and now I am at peace.


No comments :