Tuesday, November 19, 2013

On Humility

Is it just me, or did someone speed up this globe's revolution?  'Cuz I'm having a challenge simply coming up for air these days, as noted by my lack of attention to this blog.  But, already I digress, and I haven't even started yet…

While I hope to come back to the subject of prospering and what the bible has to say about it.  Today, I'm choosing to write about another matter which Father seems to continue to bring to the forefront of my mind.  That being, humility.  I don't even recall if I've written about it before.

I guess it goes hand-in-hand with the nature of what Father accomplishes in the life of one who is learning to live in and by His love.  As one's desire for more of Him and less of self takes root, humility seems to be a natural by-product.  Like all other character traits, it can't be attained by human effort, try as one might.  True humility is really something supernaturally produced from the inside out.

A phrase that has come to mind more than once, as Papa is kneading this into my person, like a chef massaging dough, is this: "It's hard to argue with humility."  While this can have a few different meanings, the way I understand it is that when one comes into a confrontation against sincere humility, there's just not really any need to progress to arguing.  It simply disarms defensiveness.  For, what would get accomplished in an argument?

Come to think of it, I can't remember one instance in scripture when Jesus argued… about anything!  Truth has a peace about it's presence that simply never requires argument.  It just is.  You can like it or not, live it or not, believe it or not, but it really has no need of defense.  And, I'm supposing that's where Papa is taking me.  To enjoy the beautiful fruit of humility, that, of course, I neither need to, nor do I, get any credit for.

I guess you can't out-stubborn Truth.  It doesn't move.  Nor does it make apology or excuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Papa, please continue what You've begun here, in me.  I give You the green light.
I want to experience the humility that Jesus is/was.

"Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: 'He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us?' "  James 4:5

"But He gives a greater grace.  Therefore it says, 'God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.' "   James 4:6

"Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."  James 4:10

No comments :