Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Letter From a Friend



I just had to write and tell you how much I love you and care for you
Yesterday I saw you walking and laughing with your friends
I hoped that soon, you would want me walking along with you too

So I painted you a sunset to close your day and whispered a cool breeze to refresh you
I waited, you never called, I just kept on loving you

As I watched you fall asleep last night I wanted so much to touch you
I spilled moonlight onto your face trickling down your cheeks as so many tears have
You didn’t even think of me, I wanted so much to comfort you

The next day I exploited a brilliant sunrise, a glorious morning for you
But you woke up late, and rushed off to work, you didn’t even notice
My sky became cloudy and my tears were in the rain

I love you, oh if you would only listen
I really love you, I tried to say it in the quiet of the green meadows
And in the blue sky, the wind whispers my love throughout the treetops
And spill it into vibrant colours of all the flowers
I shout it to you in the thunder of the great waterfalls
And compose love song’s for the birds to sing to you
I warm you with the clothing of my sunshine
And perfume the air with natures sweet scent

My love for you is deeper than any ocean
And greater than any need in your heart
If you only realise how I care

My dad sends his love, I want you to meet him
He cares too, fathers are just that way

So please call on me soon,
No matter how long it takes I’ll wait
Because I love you,

Your friend, Jesus.

No comments :