Sunday, April 27, 2014

Prayer to Abandon Yourself to God

Charles de Focault was born into an aristocratic family in France. In his twenties he had a powerful religious experience and from then on he dedicated his life to God. He lived among the people of the Sahara, and died at the hand of an assassin during an uprising against the French. This is a prayer of his, which echo the words of Jesus at His crucifixion, as recorded in Luke 24:46.

PRAYER:

Father, I abandon myself into Your hands;
do with me what You will.
Whatever You do I thank You.
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only Your Will be done in me,
as in all Your creatures,
I ask no more than this, my Lord.

Into Your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to You, O Lord,
with all the love of my heart,
for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into Your hands,
without reserve and with total confidence,
for You are my Father.

Amen.

No comments :