Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Best Explanation of Obedience

Wow.  Just wow.

I heard it a couple of weeks ago, and it's one of those statements that will stick with me for a looong time.  It is so deep that one could brush right over its profundity.  Yet, when I heard it spoken by Wayne Jacobsen on a recent podcast, its truth leapt within my heart.  I think there is just no better definition of obedience.

Here's what he said:

Obedience is "the joyful expression of a liberated son or daughter."

My. My. My.

How might that revolutionize a parents' thinking?  And, how does that fit in with my understanding of my relationship with my heavenly Papa?

In my spirit, I have sensed a total confirmation.

Thank you, Abba, for Your liberation that causes me to joyfully obey!!
How deep is that truth!?

No comments :