Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Is Your Chooser Broken?

. . . choose for yourself this day whom you will serve . . . but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. --Joshua 24:15

Many believers act as though their choosers are broken, mistakenly feeling that their wills have been given over to the nearly robot-like control of the enemy. Conversely, they believe the remedy would be to have their wills given over to a robot-like response of obedience to God! In anger they shout, “God does not help me! I told Him to take over and He has not. I am giving up on God!” Either way they are acknowledging erroneously that they cannot choose and must therefore be under another’s authority. If they can choose to get out of bed, what to eat, what to wear, and whom to date; then they have the ability to choose to walk away from sin, bad habits, and all other things that simply do not suit believers. However, there is a beginning place, a first choice, which is accomplished by saying, “Father, I choose Your will. I am too weak to know it or to walk in it, but I trust You to lead me to it. Thank You!”

- Mike Wells

No comments :