Monday, August 7, 2017

What would I give as advice to a person in my present position?

What would I give as advice to a person in my present position?
            (And consequently, physician heal thyself)

1. Just remember that God does love you. Nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus. And when I say nothing I mean, nothing.

2. Also remember that God has not forsaken you. He has promised to never forsake or leave us.
Your circumstances, your mind, and your emotions may well tell you something different, but God’s word stands above and over all of those.

3. God is at work both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Even though you may be living out the consequences of poor behaviour and choices, it’s worth remembering that God has never stopped His redemptive work.
God disciplines those whom He loves. I like the phrase “corrective redemption”, for it helps me to make some sense out of life at the moment.

4. It’s important to understand that you are in a particular season of God’s ordering.
And so one must try not to resist the season, but invite the Holy Spirit to plunge the pruning knife deep within.
Yield and surrender to the season so that the work can be completed and you can move on into all that God has purposed for you.

- Roger

No comments :