Thursday, June 28, 2018

I Delight in Weaknesses

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses,
in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10

The literal translation of this verse adds a startling em-
phasis to it, allowing it to speak for itself with power
we have probably never realized. It is as follows:
"Therefore I take pleasure in being without strength,
being insulted, experiencing emergencies, and being
chased and forced into a corner for Christ's sake; for
when I am without strength, I am dynamite."

The secrete of knowing God's complete sufficiency is
in coming to the end of everything in ourselves and
our circumstances. Once we reach this point, we will
stop seeking sympathy for our difficult situation or ill
treatment, because we will recognize these things as
the necessary conditions for blessings. We will then
turn from our circumstances to God, realizing they are
the evidence of Him working in our lives. 

- A B Simpson

George Matheson says this: "Teach me, O Lord, to
glory in my cross. Teach me the value of my thorns.
Show me how I have climbed to You through the path
of pain. Show me it is through my tears I have seen
my rainbows.

No comments :