Monday, December 16, 2013

Trust and Permission

I'm beginning to see a cycle between trust and permission.

The more I am able to trust Father with the nitty gritty details of my life, the more I give Him permission to make Himself known in me.

As I was speaking with a friend, I commented about how much the Lord has accomplished in me over these past several years and how I had done absolutely nothing to "try" to make it happen.  I said that I was done trying.  And, a word came to my mind that I will maintain is all that I perhaps could take any credit for (not that I need or want it).  That is the word permission.

I know the word has come to mind before, but I must have used it at least 5 times in response to her inquiry, as I insisted that "trying" has not been at all how I would categorize my activity, which has really been my in-activity, in my formerly religious mindset.

What I see in the bible is a stream of trust, won by the Father, that compelled His followers to take action.  In essence a "permission" was given Papa to accomplish what only He could anyways.

That's now how I would describe this interplay between us and Papa.  As we begin to see his heart for us, He wins our trust in an area, which in turn causes us to grant Him permission to show us more, or do more in us.  It seems to just continue on with the snowball effect, the more we trust, the more we grant Him permission to work.  And on and on the dance goes.

No comments :