Thursday, January 2, 2014

Deception and Arrogance

Heard a great quote this morning, and wanted to share.  It helps to shed some light on one place that arrogance comes from.

One thing we know is that it is not from God.

"Their intellect is deceived and their arrogance is the cover up for it."

It brings back to mind a short list of things Father has spoken to me within the last portion of 2013, that I perceive He will be working on in me in 2014.

Humility.
Submission.
Genuine love for those who have "hurt" me.  (Which encompasses my being set free from their ability to wound me any more, as I understand more deeply the deficit from which they derive their assault.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Papa, I am looking forward to all that You will accomplish in me in the coming months.  For, I know You to be good to me, and that You only desire goodness for me.

- With Unveiled Face

No comments :