Sunday, March 13, 2016

Your Attitude About Yourself

Maybe your attitude about yourself is, “If I could just become a different person. Someone I could learn to like and respect. But [sigh] what's the use? It's all so hopeless! I've tried the self-improvement books and tapes. They just don't work for me. I'm just different. I'd be better off dead. Everyone would be better off if I were gone. I can't stand myself!” And maybe you've even considered the notion of ending it all.

This is your time! Our precious Lord wants to offer some beautiful, healing words to you today. The garbage listed above is one deep pile of (you guessed it) symptoms. Your problem is twofold: Number 1, you are trying to live the Christian life instead of understanding how to collaborate with Christ to live the Christian life for you and through you. Number 2, you are not comprehending how to appropriate your true identity as the new creation you already are in Christ. You are still attempting to face each day in your own strength.

I hear you say, “But I don't understand that.” I didn't, either, when I was in my mess. But, I'm free from my mess now. He took me through it, and I tell you it was a big one. God spells relief J-E-S-U-S. Wouldn't you know that appropriating some facet of Christ is somehow the solution for every problem that any person can experience? The key to experiencing victory in Christ lies in learning how to literally “walk in newness of life” as described in the Word.

Bill Gillham

Lifetime Guarantee, Harvest House, 1993

No comments :