Friday, April 29, 2016

Jesus the Groom

My love extends to the heavens
I give you My love
My faithfulness reaches to the skies
I will be faithful to you
I gave Myself for you long ago
I have loved you from before the birth of time
Every path that you walk will be fragrant
With My lovingkindness and My truth
I promise to be patient and kind
To never be selfish or rude
I will not demand My own way

Nor will I be irritable or touchy
I will not hold a grudge against you
Even if you should treat Me shabbily
I will delight in your love
I will be loyal to you
Even if everyone else should abandon you
I will always believe in you
And I will never leave you or forsake you
I promise you these things
And I do not lie
Seek Me first
Love Me above all others

I will take care of you
I will meet your every need
These things I declare
I will keep these promises
Which I have sworn to you
For I am faithful...forever

- Anabel Gillham

The Confident Woman, Harvest House, 1993, 202

No comments :