Thursday, December 10, 2015

Beyond Our Flesh

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me
(2 Corinthians 12:9).

The Bible tells of men who reached beyond their own strength and ability. Daniel could have sat at the king’s table eating and drinking with the king. But he reached into the place of revelation and changed an empire. He reached beyond the desire of the flesh and became the prophet of God whose prophesies are still coming to pass.

Ezekiel was such a man. He could have had a place in the society of his day, but he didn’t. He went into visions and prayers. He went beyond the natural into knowing God and seeing God, into visions of the heavens and the greatness and the majesty of God. Ezekiel went beyond.

In the New Testament, Paul went beyond his natural abilities. The governor said, “Much learning has made you mad.” Paul answered, “It’s just the power of the Holy Ghost talking through me.” Look how far beyond himself Peter went. He was just a fisherman, yet he delivered the first sermon ever preached in grace in the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. He went far beyond anything he could ever imagine.

You and I have to go beyond ourselves, beyond these pews, these walls. We have to get out there and win souls. We must meet people where the need is and help them, bring them into the Church.

- Lester Sumrall

I know that it is the Holy Spirit of God that works beyond my flesh. “Work freely,” I pray.

No comments :