Sunday, December 27, 2015

“Come and rest with Me.”

            I care deeply for you, My child. There is nothing that you feel or experience that I don’t also experience as I carry you through life. My hand is upon you, and nothing will take you away from My love. Quietly wait on Me, and you will feel my nearness. You will hear Me whisper into your soul, and My peace will descend upon you.

            My little one, there is a hiding place you can find in Me. The shadow you see over you is the shadow of My wings. It is not a shadow of confusion, but a shadow of My hiding place where I will place you next to My heart. For I have taken you from troubled waters and brought you up on high to rest in My presence. No matter how dark the night and how fierce the trial, My kiss of mercy will keep and protect you.

            No one says in My presence, “I am afraid.” It is never heard in My glory, “I am poor.” For I have given you all things that will strengthen your life and prepare you for eternity. In My presence all cry, “Glory.” Come into the shelter of My shadow, where all My lovers are washed, robed, crowned, and seated with Me. I care deeply for you, and nothing can disturb you in the hiding place of My glory. Come and rest with Me.

 PSALM 91:1–4

            When you sit enthroned under the shadow of Shaddai,
            You are hidden in the strength of God Most High.
            Here’s how I describe him:
            He’s the hope that holds me, and the Stronghold to shelter me,
            The only God for me, and my great Confidence.
            And he will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy,
            And he will protect you from false accusation
            And any deadly curse.
            His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you.
            You can run under his covering of majesty and hide.
            His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm.

            Is your soul troubled today? Take a moment to envision yourself under the shield of His arms or in the shadow of His wings. How does His shelter feel over you?

No comments :